Ms. Davis, an extraordinary Nate Mack kindergarten teacher, was honored at this week's Henderson City Council Meeting when she was added to Mayor March's Education Honor Roll. Ms. Davis was nominated by a Nate Mack Family and was recognized for her positive influence on children, in the classroom and well beyond.. Congratulations, Ms. Davis. We're so glad you're a Nate Mack Mountain Lion!
Happy New Year! We started the new semester this week and students are off to a GREAT start!
1. A big thank you goes out to the families that showed their love for our teachers and staff before the winter break. The gifts, cards, and goodies that you shared for the holidays were very much appreciated. We'd like to especially thank those parents who came in on December 21 to help with playground supervision in the morning. This allowed the staff to enjoy a holiday breakfast together! Thank you!
2. Report cards from last semester will be distributed at the end of the day today. Please review your child's grades and celebrate the growth they've made since the beginning of the year. Now is also a great time to set some new academic and social goals together.
3. At this time of the year some of our students are in trouble with regard to their attendance. Please remember that according to state law, all students must attend school regularly. Chronic attendance issues such as missing school and coming late will have a negative impact on your child's learning and their social development. Please be sure that your child's absences and/or tardies do not become chronic (10% or more). Parents should be sure that their children come to school between 7:40 and 7:55 each day and stay for the entire instructional day--until 2:11--to receive the greatest positive impact of school.
4. To kick off the new semester, the expectations for students were reviewed with all students during grade level assemblies. If you'd like to check out the expectations presentation, see the slide deck below. Click on the button, then click on "present" and you'll see what students discussed this week. Your child should be able to talk you through the whole presentation!
5. We would love to welcome more male role models to our school on a regular basis. If you'd like to be a Watch Dog Dad for a day, please call the school (702-799-7760) or use the link to the right to sign up. You'll be glad you did!
Here's to a wonderful 2019 at Nate Mack!
The Family and Community Engagement Services (FACES) is a new department in the Clark County School District. We know that students thrive when their families are engaged in helping them learn. Family engagement is a partnership recognizing the collaboration between family, school and community to make sure every student succeeds.
Click to Download
The Nate Mack community works together to meet the individual needs of all students by building meaningful academic, personal, and cultural connections. These connections are made through classroom instruction, integrated technology, and unique experiences that promote global awareness.
To prepare our students for the demands of the 21st century, we use data to drive standards-based instruction and maximize growth in all students. Students strive to meet high academic expectations and personal goals.
The Nate Mack staff model lifelong learning by continually refining and improving our practice through professional development, collaboration, and self-reflection.