cHour of Code FAQ
- Hour of Code can be done any time December 5-9, in celebration of Computer Science Education Week.
- Go During your normally scheduled computer day. If you don't have one, go to the computer lab sign up and pick a time. Intermediate if you need a day, there should be plenty of open slots to accommodate.
- You will spend a minimum of 1 hour letting your kids explore that page.
- The Hour of Code button is located on the computer lab tab located at the top right of the Home page.
- Coding helps nurture problem-solving skills, logic and creativity
- If your students and you love it, I can help you get started with code.org. It is easy, connected to the CCSS, easy to follow and implement. We have quite a few people on staff who are experts who can help from Kindergarten on up!
How to Run an Hour of Code 3 minute video
- Tech Club is creating a short video to show your students the week of Hour of Code
- Casey is making a page where student can click on a grade appropriate activity to do
- Go to your normal Computer Lab time and do Hour of Code
- If you would like an unplugged activity let me know
- No teacher prep is required unless you choose an unplugged activity
Prizes for every educator (I copied this from the website)
- One public school in every US state (and Washington D.C.) will win $10,000 worth of technology (We are signed up)
- Every organizer will receive $10 to Amazon.com, iTunes or Windows Store as a thank-you gift!