It's time to find your sneakers and get ready to run, run, run! Join our Nate Mack Running Club by downloading and printing the flyer below. Read and fill out the flyer, then turn it in to school. The Running Club meets each Tuesday morning at 7:30 to build stamina and skill while racking up the miles on our own school field. Students and parents are invited, and our first running date is next Tuesday, October 6. We hope to see you there!
The book fair begins today and goes until Wednesday, October 7th. The Book fair will be open in the library from 7:40am-2:30pm every day. Cash and Credit card only.
If you are out of town or can't make it to our Book Fair, you can also help support our school by shopping online. All orders ship free to the school. Click the link or the picture to learn more. Book Fair Online.
At Nate Mack we are always looking for ways for students to shine. This Tuesday is our first Mountain Lion of the Month Lunch, honoring a student from each class who has consistently demonstrated Nate Mack's life skills. These Mountain Lions will eat a special lunch with Mrs. Epperson, the assistant principal, and myself up on the stage during their lunchtime. Their pictures will be on display throughout the month in our MP room. It is a pleasure to celebrate students with excellent behavior and life skills.
It's important to our staff that students all have opportunities outside of the classroom, to expand their education. This week we are excited to produce Missoula Children's Theater's musical version of Peter Pan, entitled "Peter and Wendy." The MCT professional directors arrived on Sunday, with a truck packed full of scenery, costumes, and enthusiasm, and the fun begins right away. It is a whirlwind of a week, with auditions Monday after school, and rehearsals immediately afterward. Then, after school and into the evening all week, the cast will work to bring the musical to life. The dress rehearsal will be Friday morning, and the school performance for grades 3-5 will take place on Friday at 1:00. We hope to include 30-80 students of all ages in the cast. Tickets for Saturday's family and friends performance at 5:30 will go on sale Tuesday. The directors will also hold a special storytelling workshop on Wednesday for students in kindergarten, first and second grades.
I'm excited to announce our Student Council Officers for this school year! Elections were held last week and the field of candidates was extraordinary! Each student ran an exciting campaign which culminated in speeches and voting during the election assembly on Thursday. Every single candidate is commended for doing a fantastic job. And the winners are. . .
President: Joey Taack
Vice President: Alexa McAfee
Historian: Jake Juliano
Secretary: Nina Ompok
Treasurer: Eddie Tarango
Have a great week!
Nancy Heavey, Principal
Thank you to all of the parents who recently completed Nate Mack Volunteer Training! We appreciate your time and dedication last Friday and we look forward to your support throughout the year. If you have not yet been trained, but would like to volunteer on campus, please contact our volunteer coordinator and kindergarten teacher, Kristel Lederer at email@example.com to set up a time for her to orient you. Once you have met with Kristel and we have a signed volunteer agreement on file, you are encouraged to contact your child's teacher to become a valued, regular helper at Mack.
Most of our students have been participating in important benchmark testing this fall. Benchmarking allows teachers and parents to get a snapshot of what a student can do related to standards or other important skills. Teachers utilize benchmark testing two or three times each year to plan meaningful lessons and group students, according to skills, for more targeted instruction. Benchmark scores are not used for grading purposes, instead they are used to inform instruction and communicate with parents. Some benchmark assessments we utilize at Mack include both math and reading tests like AIMsweb, iReady, STAR and Acuity. Not all students take each of these tests, but each can provide an important window into what your child already knows and what they are mastering as the year progresses. Please help your child to understand that these benchmark assessments are an important way to show what they know. Thank you!
Here are a couple of reminders for this week:
1. Progress reports were distributed last Friday and should be signed and returned to school today, Monday. Please remember that, in addition to progress reports every three weeks, you can always use the Parent Portal to get real-time updates of your child's grades, attendance, and assignments.
2. Our PTO bake sale will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday this week and we hope you'll donate something to support our school. Items will be sold at recess and after school.
Thank you and have a great week!
Nancy Heavey, Principal
As I write this, the weather is cooling down and it seems that autumn is finally on its way. As the days cool off, students will probably become more active at recess and in P.E. At Mack we believe that healthy kids are active and we love to hear about students participating in sports outside of the school day. Our Nate Mack Running Club will be gearing up for the year soon, so please keep your eyes open for the online permission slip which will be posted soon. The Running Club is a great way for students and their families to exercise together before school on Tuesdays. We'd love for you to join us!
Here are a few other things we'd love you to join us for this week. . .
1. Nate Mack Night at Chuck E. Cheese is on Tuesday, September 15, from 3:00 pm until 9:00 pm. Please come out to the Sunset location to enjoy some family time with pizza and games, while supporting our school.
2. This year's volunteer training will take place on Friday, September 18 at 8:00 am in the multipurpose room. All family members who wish to volunteer on campus this year must officially be trained. If you wish to volunteer this year but cannot attend Friday's training, please contact Kristel Lederer, our volunteer coordinator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. She may be able to arrange an alternative time for you to be trained.
3. Our first Boxtop Challenge will begin this week. All students are encouraged to clip and save boxtops throughout the year, and bring them in during the fall and spring challenge periods. The classrooms that have the most boxtops at the end of the challenge period will win a class dance party, sponsored by our PTO.
4. All students will be bringing home their first progress report this Friday. Please help to support their efforts at school by discussing the report and signing it at home. Students should all bring their signed progress reports back to school on Monday.
That's it for now. Have a great week!
Nancy Heavey, Principal
Box Tops Classroom Collection Contest
Support Nate Mack School while shopping on Amazon. Whenever you shop at Amazon, click here first, and Nate Mack can receive up to 10% of your purchase.
The Family and Community Engagement Services (FACES) is a new department in the Clark County School District. We know that students thrive when their families are engaged in helping them learn. Family engagement is a partnership recognizing the collaboration between family, school and community to make sure every student succeeds.
The Nate Mack community works together to meet the individual needs of all students by building meaningful academic, personal, and cultural connections. These connections are made through classroom instruction, integrated technology, and unique experiences that promote global awareness.
To prepare our students for the demands of the 21st century, we use data to drive standards-based instruction and maximize growth in all students. Students strive to meet high academic expectations and personal goals.
The Nate Mack staff model lifelong learning by continually refining and improving our practice through professional development, collaboration, and self-reflection.
Click to Download